Sania, Mattek advance to doubles’ third roundJune 28th, 2008 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 28 (IANS) India’s Sania Mirza and American Bethanie Mattek cruised to the third round of women’s doubles in Wimbledon with a straight-set win over Maria Kirilenko of Russia and Flavia Pennetta of Italy here Saturday. The 13th seed pair scored a convincing 6-3, 6-4 win in little over an hour.
Sania and Mattek broke their opponents once to take the first set in 33 minutes. They could convert only one of the four break points in the second set but still managed to pocket it as Kirilenko and Pannetta lost all the three break points that came their way.
The Indian-American pair will now clash with the winners of the match between Anne Keothavong and Melanie South of Britain and the Uzbek-Belarussian pair of Akgul Amanmuradova and Darya Kustova.
- Sania reaches third round in doubles, Bopanna crashes out (Lead) - Jun 29, 2008
- Sania-Bethanie enter third round at Wimbledon - Jun 29, 2012
- Sania-Bethanie reach second round at Wimbledon - Jun 27, 2012
- Sania-Mattek win Brussels Open - May 28, 2012
- Sania-Bethanie in final of WTA Brussels Open - May 24, 2012
- India's mixed doubles campaign ends in Wimbledon - Jun 29, 2008
- AITA confident of getting Sania to play in Olympics - May 30, 2012
- Sania-Elena in doubles quarterfinals of Tashkent Open - Sep 22, 2010
- Paes-Peya knocked out of French Open - Jun 02, 2012
- French Open: Sania-Bethanie lose in first round - May 29, 2012
- French Open: Sania-Bethanie hope to make a strong start - May 28, 2012
- Point to prove for Indian stars at Wimbledon - Jun 24, 2012
- Asian Games tennis: Sania loses in women's singles semis, gets bronze - Nov 21, 2010
- Paes in mixed quarters, beaten in men's doubles (Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Sania-Bhupathi crash out of Australian Open - Jan 27, 2012