Sania-Chuang in doubles semis at MiamiApril 2nd, 2009 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, April 2 (IANS) India’s Sania Mirza and Chinese Taipei’s (Taiwan) Chia-Jung Chuang shocked eighth-seeded Spaniards Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual to storm into the semi-finals of the $4,500,000 Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament.
The Indo-Taiwanese pair beat the Spaniards 6-3, 7-6(4) here Wednesday.
Sania and Chuang next play the winner of the match between third seeds Kveta Peschke Of Czech Republic and American Lisa Raymond and Americans Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears.
- Sania-Chuang in doubles quarters at Miami - Mar 31, 2009
- Sania-Chuang shock second seeds, enter Madrid quarters - May 14, 2009
- Sania-Chuang in MPS Group final - Apr 12, 2009
- French Open: Sania-Vesnina in women's doubles second round - May 25, 2011
- Sania-Chuang win MPS Group doubles title - Apr 13, 2009
- US Open: Sania-Bethanie in third round - Sep 02, 2012
- Madrid Masters: Sania, Chia-Jung in 2nd round, Serena out - May 12, 2009
- Paes-Vesnina, Bhupathi-Sania in mixed doubles 2nd round - May 31, 2012
- Sania-Chia lose doubles semifinal in Miami - Apr 04, 2009
- Sania fails to get past first round yet again - Feb 15, 2010
- Sania-Chuang crash out of Madrid Masters - May 16, 2009
- Sania, Bopanna advance to third round of French Open - May 27, 2011
- Wimbledon: Sania out of women's doubles - Jun 27, 2009
- Sania-Chuang clear first round hurdle in doubles - Jun 25, 2009
- Bhupathi-Bopanna shocked in French Open first round - May 31, 2012
Tags: abigail spears, anabel medina garrigues, chia jung chuang, chinese taipei, czech republic, ericsson open tennis, indo, kops, kveta peschke, lisa raymond, miami miami, open tennis tournament, raquel, sania mirza, semi finals, semis, sony ericsson open tennis, spaniards, taiwanese, virginia ruano pascual