Sania-Chuang in doubles quarters at MiamiMarch 31st, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, March 31 (IANS) India’s Sania Mirza and Chia-Jung Chuang of Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) registered an upset win over eighth-seeded Italian Flavia Pennetta and Russian Maria Kirilenko to storm into the doubles quarter-finals of the Sony Ericsson Open.
The unseeded Indo-Taiwanese pair rallied from a set down to beat Pennetta and Kirilenko 4-6, 7-6(5), 10-4 here Monday.
Sania and Chuang next play the winner of the match between Israel’s Shahar Peer and Argentine Gisela Dulko and second-seeded Spaniards Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual.
- Sania-Chuang in doubles semis at Miami - Apr 02, 2009
- French Open: Sania enters doubles quarters, Bhupathi exits - May 30, 2011
- Sania-Chuang shock second seeds, enter Madrid quarters - May 14, 2009
- Madrid Masters: Sania, Chia-Jung in 2nd round, Serena out - May 12, 2009
- Sania to play Koryttseva in Indian Wells opener - Mar 11, 2009
- Sania faces Koryttseva in Indian Wells opener (Lead) - Mar 11, 2009
- Bhupathi through to second round, Sania falters in doubles - Mar 14, 2009
- French Open: Sania-Elena in semis, Bopanna-Qureshi quarters (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Sania-Monica go down in quarterfinals at Cincinnati - Aug 14, 2010
- Australian Open: Sania out of doubles too - Jan 19, 2011
- Dulko-Pennetta win Australian Open women's doubles title - Jan 28, 2011
- Tough draw for Indians in men's doubles tennis - Jul 26, 2012
- Sania-Chuang in MPS Group final - Apr 12, 2009
- Sania fails to get past first round yet again - Feb 15, 2010
- Sania-Chuang win MPS Group doubles title - Apr 13, 2009
Tags: anabel medina garrigues, chia jung chuang, chinese taipei, flavia pennetta, gisela dulko, India, indo, israel, maria kirilenko, match, miami miami, quarter finals, quarters, sania mirza, shahar peer, spaniards, taipei taiwan, unseeded, upset win, virginia ruano pascual