Sania-Chia lose doubles semifinal in MiamiApril 4th, 2009 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, April 4 (IANS) India’s Sania Mirza and Chia-Jung Chuang of Taiwan
(Chinese Taipei) lost to Lisa Raymond of the US and Czech Kveta Peschke in the women’s doubles semifinal of the $4.5 million Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament.
The unseeded Indian-Chinese pair went down 6-7 (5), 4-6 to the the third seeds Friday.
Raymond and Peschke will face wild cards Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia and Amelie Mauresmo of France, who beat Switzerland’s Patty Schnyder and Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-3 in the other semifinal.
- Sania-Chuang in doubles semis at Miami - Apr 02, 2009
- Sania-Chuang in MPS Group final - Apr 12, 2009
- Sania-Chuang win MPS Group doubles title - Apr 13, 2009
- Sania-Chuang crash out of Madrid Masters - May 16, 2009
- Sania-Rushmi crash out of Olympic tennis - Jul 29, 2012
- Wimbledon: Bhupathi in mixed doubles semifinal; Sania, Paes lose - Jul 02, 2011
- Madrid Masters: Sania, Chia-Jung in 2nd round, Serena out - May 12, 2009
- Tough draw for Indians in men's doubles tennis - Jul 26, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Saina crash out of mixed doubles (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Sania crash out of mixed doubles (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Somdev faces Bhupathi in Wimbledon doubles opener - Jun 19, 2009
- French Open: Paes, Bhupathi in mixed doubles second round - May 26, 2011
- Sania-Chuang in doubles quarters at Miami - Mar 31, 2009
- Paes, Sania advance in Miami - Mar 28, 2009
- Sania-Chuang ousted from Birmingham doubles semis - Jun 14, 2009
Tags: 5 million, amelie mauresmo, anna lena groenefeld, april 4, chia jung chuang, chinese taipei, ericsson open tennis, kveta peschke, lena, lisa raymond, miami miami, open tennis tournament, patty schnyder, russia, sania mirza, seeds, sony ericsson open tennis, svetlana kuznetsova, unseeded, wild cards