Samjhauta train inquiry report to figure in Indo-Pak ATM meetNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:59 am ICT by admin
“Yes, we have some reservations and we will discuss them at the meeting,” the Dawn quoted him, as saying.
He said the Anti-Terrorism Mechanism (ATM) would provide an opportunity to exchange views on how to help investigations on either side into terrorist acts and to increase cooperation in curbing violence and terrorism.
The first India-Pakistan Joint ATM meeting was held in Islamabad in March this year, with focus on the Samjhauta Express bomb blast.
Additional Secretary (International Organizations) K C Singh from the Indian side and Tariq Usman Haider, Additional Secretary (UN and EC) from the Pakistan side had represented their countries at that meeting.
The decision to institutionalise an India-Pakistan joint anti-terrorism mechanism was taken by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf on September 16, 2006 in Havana.
Breaking the chill in ties in the aftermath of July 11, 2006 Mumbai blasts, Singh and Musharraf had agreed to set up a joint anti-terrorism institutional mechanism to identify and implement counter-terrorism initiatives.
The purpose of the joint mechanism is to prevent terrorist attacks in both countries, and to assist each other through information sharing. (ANI)
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- NIA claims breakthrough in Samjhauta blast case - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan views talks with India as positive: Khar - Nov 11, 2011
- Top ISI official faces grilling over providing content for BB murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- Ahead of Mohali, India and Pakistan agree to promote peace (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2011
- Pakistan to allow India to question 26/11 suspects - Mar 29, 2011
- India's 26/11 team to Pakistan will be legally empowered: Chidambaram - Apr 01, 2011
- India, Pakistan to set up terror hotline (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistan says Kasab should be hanged, but hedges on Hafiz Saeed - Nov 10, 2011
- India-Pakistan anti-terror mechanism to meet next week - Jun 17, 2008
- Three years of NIA: Only one terror case solved - Jan 16, 2012
- Amid improving ties, Zardari to meet Manmohan, visit Ajmer (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Pak, India must set up counterterrorism centres for bilateral cooperation: Seminar - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: atm, bomb blast, cheema, exchange views, general pervez musharraf, india pakistan, inquiry report, institutional mechanism, javed iqbal, ministry spokesman, office statement, pakistan side, president general, prime minister manmohan singh, samjhauta express, terrorism, terrorist attacks