Salarpuria Group eyes hotel industry, IT SEZMarch 26th, 2008 - 9:44 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, March 26 (IANS) Real estate major Salarpuria Group is all set to invest billions in West Bengal with projects ranging from hotels and residential complexes to IT special economic zones (SEZs), a top company official said here Wednesday. Some of the key projects on the anvil for the group include a 350-room four-star hotel at the upcoming township of Rajarhat here and also investments in two IT special economic zones (SEZs).
“We have planned to develop this (hotel) project within two and a half years from now. The project would be developed over 3.5 acres of land with an investment of more than Rs.2 billion ($50 million),” Salarpuria Group vice chairman Rakesh Salarpuria told IANS.
He said the company has already bought the land from the West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (HIDCO) Ltd and is now awaiting approval to begin construction.
“This apart, the group is also working out on a project to build a 50-room hotel along with a spa and 200 residential duplex bungalow at Thakurpukur on the city’s outskirts. There will be an investment of around Rs.1 billion for the project and it would be implemented in two phases, with Rs.500 million of investment in each phase,” Salarpuria said.
The company will also come up with two IT Special Economic Zone (SEZ) at Kalyani and Bantala in West Bengal.
“We have already identified 250 acres and 40 acres of land for both the SEZ projects at Kalyani and Bantala respectively. To develop the Bantala unit there would be a projected investment of Rs.4 billion,” he said, adding that the investment for Kalyani IT SEZ project has not been finalised yet.
“Both the projects have got green signals from the union cabinet,” Salarpuria said.
Kolkata-headquartered Salarpuria Group has been into the real estate business since mid 1980s. The group has a pan-India presence with ventures in Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Delhi.
- We can't change our anti-SEZ stand: Mamata - Apr 27, 2012
- All help for facility but no SEZ, Bengal tells Infosys - Feb 25, 2012
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- Mamata rules out SEZ for Infosys - Feb 27, 2012
- Want Infosys in Bengal, but won't bend rules: Mamata - Mar 12, 2012
- Wipro to expand Kolkata project - Aug 27, 2012
- Rs.107 crore environment plan for Bengal's Bantala SEZ - Jan 18, 2011
- Bengal should set up nuclear plants, SEZs: Assocham - Nov 07, 2011
- West Bengal government to provide land for industries - Jun 12, 2012
- Asia's largest aerospace hub near Bangalore soon - Jun 04, 2012
- CCCL and Tidco to promote food processing SEZ - Jul 16, 2010
- Bengal government awaiting response on concessions to Infosys - Jun 20, 2012
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Realty business hots up in Bengal - Jun 03, 2012
- ITC trying to 'fast forward' Rs.25,000 crore investment plan - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: awaiting approval, economic zones, estate business, group vice, hotel industry, hotel project, kalyinfrastructure development, kolkata, mid 1980s, rajarhat, rakesh, residential complexes, room hotel, rs 2, rs 500, special economic zone, two and a half years, union cabinet, west bengal housing infrastructure development corporat