Sailor Johal trails way behindAugust 10th, 2008 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 10 (IANS) India’s sole sailor Nachhatar Singh Johal continued to anguish close to the bottom as he collected 23 and 24 points in the third and fourth races of the Finn Class at the Qingdao Olympic Sailing Centre of the Olympic Games here Sunday. Johal, who was fourth in his first race Saturday and then 24th in second, is lying on 22nd place overall.
The overall leader is Zach Riley. Despite not having won any of the four races, Riley is on top with 11 points, with second, fifth, second and second place finishes in the four races.
Ben Ainslie of Great Britain is second with two wins in four races, but he is trailing on account of his 10th place in the first race.
- Olympic sailing: Brit Ainslie takes fourth successive gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Johal in 23rd place - Aug 13, 2008
- Olympic sailing: Sweden takes gold - Aug 05, 2012
- Johal in 23rd place in sailing - Aug 11, 2008
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- Sania-Bethanie in final of WTA Brussels Open - May 24, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Azlan Shah hockey: Clinical India beat Malaysia 5-2 - May 09, 2011
- French driver Sebastian Loeb wins Acropolis Rally - May 28, 2012
- Olympics: Vijay shines with silver, Saina's bronze hunt on (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- No points for Force India, Karthikeyan 21st at Turkish GP - May 08, 2011
- Olympics: Shooter Vijay Kumar wins silver for India (India Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Triple jumper Mayookha out of Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- India have good chance of going past England in ODI rankings - Oct 12, 2011
- Kohli rises to 2nd in ODI rankings, three Indians in top-10 - Aug 05, 2012