Saddam clan chief killed, five civilians wounded in IraqJune 10th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, June 10 (DPA) The head of the clan of former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein was killed Tuesday, while another five civilians were wounded in separate incidents in Iraq, police sources and media reports said. Sheikh Ali al-Nada died when a bomb went off in his vehicle while he was driving to his house in the Awja area of the northern city of Tikrit, police sources told DPA.
Sources said the explosion also killed his driver and injured two of his relatives. Iraqi forces were seen deploying around the scene of the blast and preventing passers-by from entering the area.
Al-Nada had spent his time between Iraq and the Syrian capital Damascus after receiving death threats from unknown persons who accused him of spying.
The clan leader had taken charge of the body of Saddam after his execution in 2006.
Separately, militants killed Ali Hussein Ali, a former high-ranking army officer, while he was driving between the northern cities of Tikrit and Beiji, police sources DPA.
In Baghdad, five civilians were injured when a vehicle packed with explosives was detonated near the ministry of industry and minerals, Kassem Atta, spokesman of Baghdad’s operations, told Voices of Iraq (VOI) news agency.
Atta said another suspected car bomb was detonated near the Nesoor area, west of the Iraqi capital. No injuries or deaths were reported from the explosion.
- TV host killed in Iraq bombing - Apr 04, 2012
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- Anti-terror official killed in Iraq blast - Sep 07, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 60 dead in attack on Iraqi Shias, bombings (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 63 killed in Iraq as violence escalates - Aug 15, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 17 killed in Iraq bomb blast - Jun 03, 2011
- Iraq bans visits to Saddam Hussein's grave - Jan 22, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills 45, injuries 150 at Iraqi recruiting center - Jan 18, 2011
- Five killed, 16 injured in Iraq attacks - May 21, 2010
- Six killed in Iraq violence - Dec 05, 2011
Tags: ali hussein, army officer, atta, beiji, car bomb, clan chief, clan leader, death threats, dpa, iraqi capital, iraqi forces, iraqi president, kassem, nada, northern cities, police sources, president saddam, sheikh ali, syrian capital damascus, voices of iraq