S.A. police dossier proves Indian-origin UK businessman planned his wife’s murderApril 8th, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 8 (ANI): A police dossier claims to prove honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani planned his wife Anni’s murder.According to The Sun, the bombshell file, compiled by South African cops, includes CCTV video, mobile phone records and witness statements.
It will be used in a bid to send Dewani back to South Africa for trial at an extradition hearing in London next month.
Three CCTV videos were taken from the Cape Grace Hotel, Cape Town, where the Dewanis stayed on their honeymoon in November last year.
One section appears to show Dewani in the taxi of alleged murder fixer Zola Tongo, 31. The file says Dewani stays in the vehicle for four minutes while Anni checks in at reception.
It was filmed the day before she was shot dead in an apparent carjacking in the Guguletu township.
Dewani, 31, a care home tycoon, is also said to have been seen on CCTV leaving the hotel to hold a 13-minute meeting with Tongo in the car park.
A third CCTV video, recorded after the killing, is alleged to show Dewani “surreptitiously” handing money to Tongo in a white plastic packet.
The dossier also includes mobile phone records. According to the documents, one mobile call between the pair lasted five minutes. It was logged at 9.27pm on November 12, the night before Anni, 28, died.
The extradition hearing is set to begin on May 3. If extradited, Dewani will stand trial with Mngeni and Qwabe on June 1. (ANI)
- Brit-Indian carjack hubby 'paid off murder cabbie on CCTV' - Dec 09, 2010
- Brit-Indian honeymooner's brother tried to get Shrien's CCTV footage with convicted taxi driver - Apr 10, 2011
- Fifth suspect held in South Africa honeymoon murder - Dec 12, 2010
- Brit-Indian honeymooner murder accused says hubby ordered killing - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Man paid money to have his Indian-origin wife killed' - Dec 07, 2010
- Anni Dewani's South African killer gets 25 years jail - Aug 08, 2012
- Anni Dewani case: Opposing psychiatrists are partners - Sep 02, 2012
- Man arrested for Indian-origin wife's murder - Dec 08, 2010
- Brit-Indian honeymooner murder suspects splurged in Cape Town slum bar after event - Jan 22, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Shrien Dewani to be extradited to South Africa - Aug 10, 2011
- Anni Dewani's ashes immersed in Swedish lake - May 16, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Hubby offered 1,300 pounds to Brit-Indian bride's killers - Dec 07, 2010
- Slain Indian woman's husband may not have hired killers - Feb 08, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Husband may not have plotted killing (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Anni Dewani seen happy before her murder: Report - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: bombshell, cape grace hotel, cape grace hotel cape town, car park, carjacking, extradition, five minutes, four minutes, honeymoon, hotel cape town, indian origin, mobile phone, origin uk, plastic packet, tongo, tycoon, uk businessman, witness statements, year one, zola