Russia’s ‘hand on boob’ statue to be restored after vandal attackApril 17th, 2009 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 17 (RIA Novosti) The authorities in Russia’s Rostov region have started work to restore a “hand on boob” statue which was daubed with red paint by vandals in the southern town of Bataysk.
The monument, built by Maria Shuiga, depicts a man’s hand resting on a female’s left breast. The statue is similar to the one in the red-light district of Amsterdam.
The statue was unveiled in a central park last summer, and shortly after it was vandalised.
The local authorities said Friday they had no plans to move the statue and called the damage an act of vandalism.
According to legend, the statue will bring men “family happiness” if they touch it.
A plate on the plinth reads: “You touch it with your palm, there is no better way to increase a man’s health and preserve youth forever.”
- Boris Yeltsin's statue vandalised in Russia - Aug 25, 2012
- Lenin monument vandalised in Russia - Sep 01, 2012
- Chinese hotel covers up nude statues after public ire - Mar 07, 2012
- Mahatma Gandhi's statue vandalised in Sri Lanka - Apr 07, 2012
- No bail for three accused of vandalising Mayawati statue - Aug 07, 2012
- Vandals deface Oslo's Little Angry Boy statue - May 13, 2012
- What a blow! Mayawati gets a boost, Akhilesh defensive (UP Newsletter) - Jul 27, 2012
- Prime accused in Mayawati statue vandalism held (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- City Of Nijmegen Plans To Hide Bronze Statues After Robbery - Nov 11, 2010
- Mayawati statue vandalised in Lucknow, BSP stages protests (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Rosario Dawson, Paul Rudd, Eva Mendes' public foreplay at Spirit Awards - Feb 28, 2011
- UP government races to restore Mayawati statue - Jul 27, 2012
- Thieves steal memorial to fallen heroes in Britain - Feb 20, 2012
- Churchill statue in Paris desecrated - Aug 20, 2009
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: central park, family happiness, Health Science, left breast, local authorities, moscow, palm, plinth, red light district, red light district of amsterdam, red paint, ria novosti, rostov region, russia, vandalism, vandals