Russian woman throws children from 15th floorJune 25th, 2012 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A woman here killed her two children by throwing them from a balcony of the 15th floor, investigators said.
“Suspect Galina Ryabkova was questioned and said she was fed up with the children, so she decided to get rid of them,” investigative committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said.
A law enforcement source told RIA Novosti that during the questioning, the woman said her children - two boys aged four and seven - were now “angels in heaven”.
Russian media suggested the reason for the murder was probably that the woman, who has been detained, had suspected her husband of cheating on her.
The family lived in a two-room apartment on the eighth floor. Ryabkova got to the 15th floor and threw her children from a balcony.
- Huge sum stolen from Russia's 2010 Olympic fund - Sep 10, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Russian ex-official involved in $10 mn fraud - Jun 05, 2012
- Russian woman jailed in failed terror attack - May 19, 2012
- Russia to build fifth-generation bombers - Jun 09, 2012
- Russia begins probe into bogus election videos - Mar 01, 2012
- Serial killer faces trial in Moscow - May 23, 2012
- Russia to prosecute Polish plane crash plunderers - Jun 08, 2010
- New Thai PM accused of buying votes with noodles - Jul 09, 2011
- Egyptian woman seeks divorce over Ramadan cooking row - Aug 09, 2011
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death over pet rat - Sep 21, 2012
- Russia, US to hold anti-terror drill - Oct 04, 2011
- Bride kills groom on wedding night - Feb 20, 2012
- Apple to hold Steve Jobs memorial Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Two Russians jailed for raping 83-year-old woman - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: angels in heaven, balcony, eighth floor, galina, investigative committee, investigators, law enforcement source, markin, moscow, ria novosti, room apartment, russian media, russian woman, snb, spokesman, two boys, vladimir