Russian woman held for trying to sell sonFebruary 29th, 2012 - 7:58 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Russian woman has been arrested after she attempted to sell her five-year-old son for 300,000 rubles (around $10,000), officials said.
The woman from the far eastern Khabarovsk region was arrested Tuesday, the regional investigation committee said.
Investigators said the woman asked for 800,000 rubles (around $27,500) for her son but the amount was reduced after negotiations with the buyer.
The woman also has a seven-year-old daughter, who is being cared for by her grandmother.
“The suspect was twice brought to the attention of the administration in 2011 for failure to take responsibility of her children and for disorderly conduct,” the committee said.
Investigators filed a criminal case against the woman for human trafficking and if found guilty, she faces up to 10 years in prison.
The boy is in now in social care in a hospital.
- Woman held for trying to sell own baby - Aug 15, 2012
- Case filed against mom caught selling toddlers - Jun 02, 2011
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Woman in Russia jailed for selling newborn son - Jun 03, 2011
- Russian woman found living with husband's body - Mar 11, 2012
- Fans want Michael Jackson monument in Moscow - Aug 30, 2012
- Russian woman sentenced to death in China - Nov 27, 2011
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
- Man held for sex trafficking in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Russian lawmaker held for $1.3 mn scam - Apr 29, 2012
- Siberian leaves woman chained on island, jailed - Nov 24, 2011
- Two Russians jailed for raping 83-year-old woman - Jul 10, 2012
- Moscow to spend $76 million on stray dogs - Oct 05, 2011
- Russian army officer convicted for shooting guard dogs - May 17, 2012
Tags: 10 years, criminal case, disorderly conduct, failure, feb 29, grandmother, human trafficking, investigation committee, investigators, khabarovsk region, moscow, negotiations, ria novosti, rubles, russian woman