Russian warships in China for joint exerciseApril 21st, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 21 (IANS) A Russian naval fleet has arrived in China Saturday for a joint exercise with the Chinese Navy in the Yellow Sea next week.
Four warships and three supply ships from the Russian Navy’s Pacific Fleet reached the Qingdao base in eastern Shandong province for the exercise April 22-27, Xinhua reported.
According to China’s defence ministry, the exercise will focus on joint maritime air defence, anti-submarine tactics, maritime search and rescue as well as joint effort to rescue hijacked vessels.
The Chinese Navy will send 16 surface vessels, including destroyers, frigates, support and hospital ships, and two submarines to participate in the drill.
- China, Russia hold joint naval exercise - Apr 22, 2012
- Russian, Chinese warships begin joint exercises - Apr 24, 2012
- China, Russia conclude joint naval drill - Apr 27, 2012
- Russia, China to conduct military drill - Apr 04, 2012
- Russia, China complete first stage of naval drills - Apr 25, 2012
- Four Russian warships set to leave for China - Apr 15, 2012
- India, Turkey navy wargames begin Sunday - Jul 07, 2011
- India launches second home-built stealth warship (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills in May - Feb 27, 2012
- India, Japan to hold joint naval exercises - Jun 05, 2012
- US, Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia, Norway to begin naval drills - May 11, 2011
- Show of might at president's naval fleet review Dec 20 - Dec 15, 2011
- President Patil reviews naval fleet - Dec 20, 2011
- Indo-French naval exercise to help anti-piracy operations - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: air defence, chinese navy, defence ministry, destroyers, frigates, hospital ships, joint effort, maritime air, maritime search, naval fleet, pacific fleet, russian navy, russian warships, s pacific, search and rescue, shandong province, supply ships, surface vessels, xinhua, yellow sea