Russian warships head to SyriaJuly 10th, 2012 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Damascus, July 10 (IANS/AKI) A fleet of Russian warships Tuesday began sailing towards Syrian ports, Iran’s Arabic TV network al-Alam reported.
Russia has opposed international moves towards a political transition in strife-torn Syria against embattled President Bashar al-Assad.
A bloody 16-month-long crackdown against anti-government protesters in Syria has left thousands of people dead.
- August deadliest month in Syria; 5,000 killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Syrian journalists killed in TV station attack - Jun 28, 2012
- Syrian envoy to UAE defects after wife joins rebels - Jul 25, 2012
- Syrian envoy to Iraq defects - Jul 13, 2012
- Put pressure on Assad: Italy urges nations - Jul 28, 2012
- Syria frees hundreds of political prisoners - Dec 29, 2011
- 20 Palestinians killed in Syria attack - Aug 03, 2012
- Arab League adopts sanctions against Syria - Nov 28, 2011
- 40,000 Syrian refugees reach Turkey - Jul 14, 2012
- Iran rejects foreign intervention in Syria - Aug 08, 2012
- Arab League offers safe exit if Assad resigns - Jul 23, 2012
- Syrian PM's defection shows isolation of Assad: Italy - Aug 06, 2012
- Russian aid planes reach Syria - Mar 12, 2012
- Amnesty finds evidence of state-sponsored abuse in Syria - Jun 15, 2012
- Syrian army committing crimes against humanity: Italian minister - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: al alam, arabic tv, bashar al assad, crackdown, damascus, fleet, international moves, iran, political transition, ports, president bashar, protesters, rn, russia, russian warships, strife, syria, tv network