Russian teenager attempts ‘bank robbery’ for suicideSeptember 7th, 2012 - 1:14 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A teenage girl tried to ‘rob’ a bank in a region in western Russia so that she could afford to leave her native city and commit suicide, the Russian Investigation Department said Thursday.
The 14-year-old girl, masked and armed with a knife, Aug 28 tried to rob a bank in Izhevsk, the the capital of Udmurtia republic in the Urals, but was detained by bank guards.
“The detainee explained that she committed the robbery in an attempt to free herself from her overbearing parents. She wanted to use that money to leave the city and commit suicide,” said the Investigation Department.
The girl faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.
- Man attempts bank robbery with toy gun - Jul 13, 2012
- Heads may roll over arms depot blasts: Medvedev (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Russian woman jailed in failed terror attack - May 19, 2012
- Russian jailed in US for bank fraud - Mar 25, 2012
- Iran pardons 130 inmates ahead of Eid al-Fitr - Aug 16, 2012
- Clashes between Syrian army, opposition continue in Aleppo - Aug 01, 2012
- Siberian bear kills man - Jul 31, 2012
- Russian woman jailed for killing 17 - Jun 04, 2012
- Russia to set up anti-paedophile squads - Aug 07, 2012
- Belarusian border guards get flak over teddy bears - Aug 03, 2012
- Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills in May - Feb 27, 2012
- Australian surfer dies of shark attack - Jul 14, 2012
- Russia, South Africa discussing joint weapons development - Sep 18, 2012
- Iran to hold naval drills in international waters - Nov 26, 2011
- Russia may raise duties on beer - Aug 01, 2012