Russian spiritual leader killed in blastAugust 29th, 2012 - 5:53 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 29 (IANS) A Muslim spiritual leader in southwest Russia’s Dagestan region was killed in a blast carried out by a female suicide bomber, RIA Novosti reported.
The investigation committee said the attack took place in Chirkey. Sheikh Said Afandi and five of his followers were killed in the blast.
The female terrorist was disguised as a believer, police said. She approached the spiritual leader and set off an explosive device attached to her belt.
- Woman suicide bomber kills six in Russia - Aug 29, 2012
- Russian bombers' helper jailed - May 30, 2012
- One killed in Russian gas station blast - Jul 08, 2012
- Policeman killed in Russia bombing - Aug 02, 2012
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Two killed in Russia blasts - Feb 15, 2011
- Russian suicide attacker dies as bomb explodes prematurely - Apr 11, 2011
- Police investigate Anzhi terrorism claims - Aug 18, 2012
- Two terrorists involved in Moscow airport blast - Jan 25, 2011
- Female terrorist opened bag triggering Moscow airport blast (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2011
- Suspected bomber behind Moscow airport blast identified - Feb 03, 2011
- Five killed in suicide terror attack in Russia - Sep 05, 2010
- Car blast kills four in Russia - Jan 27, 2011
- Russian woman jailed in failed terror attack - May 19, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Russia - Jul 15, 2012