Russian President Medvedev to visit ChinaMay 8th, 2008 - 7:25 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, May 8 (RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will visit China May 23-24, China’s foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang said Thursday. Medvedev was inaugurated as president Wednesday, taking over from Vladimir Putin, who was approved as the country’s premier by parliament Thursday.
Chinese foreign minister Yang Jiechi would visit Russia May 14-16 to attend the summit meeting of the BRIC grouping comprising Brazil, Russia, India and China.
“Jiechi will also hold bilateral consultations with his Russian counterpart on a wide range of cooperation issues,” Qin said.
Late Wednesday, Chinese president Hu Jintao congratulated Medvedev on his inauguration as Russia’s new president. Hu also said he was confident that bilateral cooperation between the two countries would develop further.
“I hope with you as leader the Russian nation will make progress toward prosperity and a strengthening of the country’s powers,” Hu said, urging the two “friendly nations” to enhance strategic partnership to ensure regional and global security.
Medvedev will make his first official trip abroad as head of state to Kazakhstan on May 22-23, a Kremlin spokesman said Thursday.
- Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties Thursday - Jun 16, 2011
- Medvedev in China for BRICS summit - Apr 13, 2011
- Hu in India Wednesday: trade imbalance, cultural ties on agenda - Mar 27, 2012
- Hu arrives in India, to meet Manmohan - Mar 28, 2012
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- Medvedev to attend nuclear security summit in US - Apr 05, 2010
- Chinese President Hu Jintao arrives in Brasilia for BRIC summit - Apr 15, 2010
- Booked for BRICS: busy Thursday for Manmohan - Mar 28, 2012
- PM arrives in China - Apr 12, 2011
- Tibetans protest as India, China hold talks - Mar 01, 2012
- Putin begins state visit to China (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Ahead of Hu's visit, India, China hold talks (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Vladimir Putin begins China visit - Jun 05, 2012
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
Tags: bilateral consultations, bilateral cooperation, chinese foreign minister, chinese president hu, dmitry medvedev, foreign ministry spokesman, global security, head of state, hu jintao, inauguration, kremlin spokesman, new president, qin, ria novosti, russian counterpart, russian nation, russian president, strategic partnership, summit meeting, vladimir putin