Russian neo-Nazi racist groups aping jihadi tactics to incite holy racial warDecember 19th, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 19 (ANI): A leading human rights organisation in Russia has said that racist groups in the country are becoming more radicalised.
Sova, a hate-crime monitoring centre, has said that neo-Nazi gangs are now borrowing tactics from Islamic extremists as they try to incite a holy racial war.
Two migrant workers have been beheaded in al Qaeda style in the last 18 months. The most recent victim was Salakhetdin Azizov, Sky News reported.
The 20-year-old market worker from Tajikistan was attacked as he walked home across a stretch of wasteland in south Moscow.
He was stabbed several times. His body was then dragged into nearby woodland where he was decapitated.
Authorities were alerted to the murder after an e-mail was sent to Sova. It contained a photograph of the severed head. The group claiming responsibility, the Militant Organization of Russian Nationalists, also made a number of political demands.
It warned officials that they would also be attacked if draconian immigration laws were not introduced. The beheading, though, seems to be part of a disturbing new trend.
Last year, a group of Russian neo-Nazis kidnapped and murdered two migrant workers. They filmed their brutality and posted it on the Internet.
Racist murders are not unusual in Russia but these attacks stand out, not only for their sheer cruelty but also because of the groups strong political messages.
Sova says there have been more than 80 racist murders in Russia this year alone. The problem is getting worse as ethnic minorities, particularly from Central Asia, flock to Russia to escape the poverty of their homelands. (ANI)
- 2018 World Cup campaigners express fears over Russian racist attacks - Dec 04, 2010
- 'Gurdwara shooter was a neo-Nazi' - Aug 10, 2012
- Euro 2012: UEFA fines Croatia for racism - Jun 20, 2012
- Russia threatens Tajikistan with import sanctions - Nov 21, 2011
- Apple removes Nazi Party anthem from iTunes online store - Jan 28, 2011
- Javier Bardem to appear in film based on brother's novel - Apr 26, 2012
- Remains of Hitler's deputy cremated in Germany - Jul 22, 2011
- Skinheads' orgy of violence at Russian festival leaves girl dead, over 100 injured - Aug 30, 2010
- Gurdwara killer driven by racist music - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Neo-nazis plotting racial terror attack against British Muslims' - Jul 08, 2009
- Ricky Martin dedicates prize to victim of homophobic violence - Mar 27, 2012
- Neo-Nazi activities cause panic in Israeli city - Sep 07, 2009
- Remains of Hitler's deputy to be destroyed - Jul 21, 2011
- Neo-nazis dominate German village where Hitler is still considered Fuehrer - Feb 07, 2011
- Rowdy Russian fans head for Warsaw - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: central asia, claiming responsibility, e mail, ethnic minorities, human rights organisation, immigration laws, islamic extremists, migrant workers, militant organization, monitoring centre, neo nazi, new trend, political demands, political messages, racist groups, racist murders, russian nationalists, russian neo nazis, sky news, south moscow