Russian Navy working on 30-year development planFebruary 6th, 2012 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia will develop by June this year a detailed 30-year plan to strengthen its naval forces, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin wrote in his twitter account.
“A detailed 30-year plan of strengthening its naval forces will be developed by June 2012. The decision has already been made,” Rogozin wrote Sunday.
The state military programme for 2012-20 has allocated 4.7 trillion rubles ($155 billion). Last year, 85 billion rubles ($2.8 billion) was allocated on the construction of nuclear submarines, frigates, ship repair and maintenance. This year it expected to spend more than 93 billion rubles ($3 billion).
It is planned that in the future the submarine fleet will become the basis of Russia’s naval force.
Over the next few years it will receive two types of nuclear submarines and two types of diesel-electric submarines. This is primarily a Borey-class nuclear submarine, the carrier of the new Bulava intercontinental ballistic missiles. Eight of these submarines are planned to be built.
Russia’s newest nuclear-powered submarine, the Yury Dolgoruky, is already undergoing sea trials; three more are in various stages of their completion.
- Russian Navy to get 10 more n-submarines - Feb 08, 2012
- Russia's n-powered submarine to enter service by June - Jan 21, 2012
- Russia successfully test fires Bulava missiles - Dec 24, 2011
- Russia to launch new ballistic missile submarine - Aug 17, 2012
- Bulava missile ready to be deployed - Dec 27, 2011
- Russian convicted of leaking military secrets - May 18, 2012
- Russia to build six submarines annually from 2013 - Feb 03, 2012
- Bulava missile dangerous for Russia: Experts - Feb 21, 2012
- No plans to retire Russia's Typhoon class submarine - Sep 30, 2011
- Russia may spend $12 bn on satellite navigation system - Feb 08, 2012
- Putin attends n-submarine ceremony - Jul 31, 2012
- Russia test fires sub-launched missile - Jun 28, 2011
- Russian charged with selling missile secrets - May 15, 2012
- Russia to sell silver, diamonds worth over $300 mn - Feb 22, 2012
- Russian submarine test-fires ICBM - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: bulava intercontinental ballistic missiles, deputy prime minister, dg, diesel electric submarines, dmitry rogozin, frigates, intercontinental ballistic missiles, moscow, nuclear submarine, nuclear submarines, ria novosti russia, rubles, russian deputy, russian navy, sea trials, ship repair, submarine fleet, trillion, yury dolgoruky