Russian man dies stunning fish with electric shockMay 30th, 2011 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A man died of an electric shock while using electrodes to stun river fish in the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad, police said Monday.
The man was fishing on the Schuchya river using “prohibited fishing gear” - electrodes - to send current into the water to stun the fish, a police spokesman said.
A “bimonthly silence” - spawning time when fishing is prohibited - is in place in Kaliningrad region.
Last year, authorities found 1,200 violations, and about 200 illegal fishing gear and two tonnes of illegally caught fish were confiscated.
- Russia unveils anti-missile radar in Kaliningrad - Nov 29, 2011
- Indian frigate sails for sea trials in Russia - May 24, 2012
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Flesh-eating piranhas found in Greece river - Aug 09, 2012
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- Sex doll river race banned in Russia - Aug 20, 2012
- Russian steals gunpowder to fuel stove - Aug 14, 2012
- Moscow woman creates 'cake bomb' scare - Dec 02, 2011
- Uruguay to debate legalising marijuana - Aug 09, 2012
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- Russian jogging event mistaken for gay rally - Jan 24, 2012
- Russian man beheads girlfriend - Feb 17, 2011
- Barrels of human embryos found in Russian forest - Jul 23, 2012
- Four Russians held for poisoning 11 people - Apr 28, 2012
- Russia leader wants pot, prostitution made legal - Jan 20, 2012