Russian man charged with cannibalismAugust 30th, 2011 - 11:02 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A 21-year-old man in Russia has been charged with cannibalism, as police said he invited a stranger to his house, knifed him to death and then ate him.
The incident took place in the Arctic city of Murmansk, investigators said.
Police believe the main motive for the crime was a “desire to eat human flesh”.
The man told police he wanted to try eating at least 10 people in the future.
The killer became acquainted with his victim on the internet, and lured him in sexually.
“One of them was seeking a sexual partner. Such people are not open, and they prefer to hide their contacts”, Investigation Committee chief Fyodor Bludenov said.
The accused stabbed his victim a few times, and after having assured himself that the man was dead, he cut up his body and ate him, he said.
After the victim’s mother went to the police, investigators analysed his circle of contacts and soon found the accused.
The accused faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty. He will first face a psychiatric examination to see if he is fit to stand trial.
A cannibal struck in Moscow in May, when an unemployed schizophrenic man killed his drinking partner and butchered his body in his flat.
Another case occurred in St. Petersburg in 2009, when two cannibals who were members of a youth group killed a 16-year-old girl, cut her up and ate parts of her body.
The young men said at their trial that they were “very hungry”. They were found guilty of murder and sentenced to 18 years.
- Cannibal arrested in Russia - Mar 26, 2012
- North Korea executed three cannibals - May 11, 2012
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Siberian serial stabber caught eating dog - Aug 19, 2012
- Serial killer faces trial in Moscow - May 23, 2012
- North Korean robbed of $100,000 in Moscow - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Free Pussy Riot' murder suspect held - Sep 01, 2012
- Murder accused held after 20 years on the run - Sep 28, 2011
- Man dies after eating heroin-filled cigarettes - May 15, 2012
- Ex-Russian cop suspected of raping, killing 25 women - Jun 29, 2012
- Moscow court acquits Kasparov - Aug 25, 2012
- Russian ex-official involved in $10 mn fraud - Jun 05, 2012
- Russian court declines returning seized money during raids - Sep 11, 2012
- Breivik's copycat held in Czech Republic - Aug 19, 2012
- Three jailed for life for 22 murders - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: arctic city, cannibal, cannibalism, cannibals, committee chief, fyodor, human flesh, investigation committee, moscow, motive, old girl, police investigators, psychiatric examination, ria novosti, russian man, sexual partner, st petersburg, stranger, young men, youth group