Russian leader proposes one-month vacation for journalistsJune 27th, 2012 - 11:17 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The leader of Russia’s Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR) has suggested that all Russian news journalists should go on a month-long vacation to relieve the “news pressure” on the public.
“The LDPR party proposes that all Russian media bosses give their employees a one-month vacation. The incessant news machine should be stopped,” Vladimir Zhirinovsky told the State Duma, the lower house of parliament, Tuesday.
“There is a tremendous flow of filth coming from all the TV and radio channels that has a harmful effect on people’s health. Look at any news report — murders, blasts, wars, violence, clashes, detentions are all around,” he said.
The LDPR party recently submitted a proposal to the Duma to limit negative news stories on television to 20 percent, but it was rejected, Zhirinovsky said.
“Journalists… don’t your nerves need a rest?” he asked.
- Medvedev urges United Russia to ensure Putin wins - Dec 18, 2011
- Putin's party keeps majority in Duma - Dec 05, 2011
- Putin files papers for presidential bid - Dec 08, 2011
- Putin registered as presidential candidate - Dec 20, 2011
- Putin, Medvedev may name third candidate for president - Jul 05, 2011
- Russian Duma speaker Zhirinovsky to run for presidency in 2012 - Apr 27, 2011
- 700 observers to monitor Russian presidential poll - Mar 01, 2012
- Russian anti-rally bill wants $50,000 fine on protesters - May 11, 2012
- Russians head for polls to elect new president - Mar 04, 2012
- Medvedev urges Russians to vote, 'make right choice' - Dec 02, 2011
- Russian billionaire Prokhorov joins presidential race - Jan 26, 2012
- Russia observes 'Day of Silence' ahead of polls - Dec 03, 2011
- No plans for early parliamentary polls : Putin - Mar 02, 2012
- Russian lower house bans internet alcohol ads - Jul 07, 2012
- Over 380,000 policemen for Russia's election day - Mar 04, 2012
Tags: blasts, clashes, house of parliament, journalists, june 27, ldpr, leader of russia, liberal democratic party, long vacation, murders, negative news, nerves, news report, radio channels, ria novosti, russian leader, russian media, russian news, state duma, vladimir zhirinovsky