Russian jailed for bombing that killed 19April 27th, 2012 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Russian was Friday sentenced by a court to 19 years in jail over a market bombing in 2010 that killed 19 people.
Magomed Latyrov was part of an armed gang that helped organise the car bomb attack at a market in Vladikavkaz city in southern Russia, the court ruled.
Several members of the group are still at large, police said.
President Dmitry Medvedev has pledged to punish the “beasts” who carried out the bombing.
Vladikavkaz is the main city of North Ossetia republic in the North Caucasus region.
North Ossetia’s neighbouring Ingushetia and Chechnya republics have been hit by the worst kind of violence in recent years.
- Two terrorists held over deadly attack in Russia - May 31, 2011
- Russian jailed for 14 years for 2010 bombing - May 31, 2012
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Six militants killed in Russia - May 13, 2012
- Gunmen attack investigators' car in Russia - May 22, 2010
- 30 injured in blast in Russia - Aug 18, 2010
- 15 killed in car bomb attack in Russia (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Car bomb kills eight in Russia - Sep 09, 2010
- Russian police kill five militants in Dagestan - Jun 16, 2010
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- Two militants killed in Russia - Oct 23, 2010
- Russian terror crimes down by 50 percent - Feb 15, 2012
- Russia's first Muslim TV channel goes on air - Aug 20, 2012
- Putin fears growing Islamic radicalism in north Africa - Feb 25, 2011
- Five injured in Russia blast - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: 19 years, armed gang, beasts, car bomb attack, chechnya, dg, dmitry medvedev, moscow, neighbouring ingushetia, north caucasus region, north ossetia, republics, ria novosti, southern russia, violence, vladikavkaz