Russian investigator survives murder attemptJune 3rd, 2012 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 3 (IANS) A Russian federal investigator was injured when his car came under fire in the North Caucasus region, officials said.
Two unidentified assailants fired at his car with automatic weapons in Kabardino-Balkaria republic, injuring the officer in the ear Saturday, RIA Novosti reported Sunday.
The attack came after two law enforcement officers were killed in the republic Friday.
Assailants shot dead a 26-year-old traffic police officer in the capital Nalchik as he was returning home after duty.
Later, the body of a 31-year-old investigator was discovered in his car with gunshot wounds. He had worked at a major crimes unit, investigating attacks on law enforcement and military officials.
On Friday, a traffic police officer was killed in the neighbouring republic of Dagestan. An assailant fired several shots at the policeman in the capital Makhachkala.
- Five police officers killed in Russia's volatile North Caucasus - Feb 02, 2011
- Russian official survives murder attempt - May 29, 2012
- Six policemen killed in Russia attack - Sep 06, 2012
- Blast rocks Russia's North Caucasus - Nov 26, 2010
- Terror attack foiled in Russia - Mar 14, 2012
- 10 Islamic rebels killed in northern Caucasus - Aug 28, 2010
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Two killed in Russia terror attack - Jul 21, 2010
- Terror attack averted in Russia's Caucasus region - Jun 07, 2010
- Eight babies die in Russian hospital - Jan 22, 2012
- Militants attack government buildings in Russia - Feb 26, 2011
- Three bombs defused in Russia's North Caucasus - May 23, 2011
- 13 militants killed in Russia's Dagestan - Sep 13, 2010
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: assailant, automatic weapons, crimes unit, federal investigator, gunshot wounds, june 3, law enforcement officers, military officials, moscow, murder attempt, nalchik, north caucasus region, police officer, policeman, returning home, ria novosti, traffic police, unidentified assailants