Russian foreign minister to meet Libyan oppositionMay 22nd, 2011 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will meet a representative of the Libyan opposition Monday, a source from Lavrov’s delegation has said.
“The meeting between Sergei Lavrov and the Benghazi representative will be held in Moscow on Monday,” the source said Saturday.
Libyan rebels have established a Transitional National Council in the eastern city of Benghazi. Several western states have recognised the council and even sent envoys to Benghazi.
- Russia invites Libyan rebels to discuss projects - Sep 04, 2011
- Russian presidential envoy ready to meet Gaddafi - Jun 08, 2011
- Libyan rebels to negotiate with Russia on economic issues - Sep 05, 2011
- 'No Syrian crisis settlement without Russia, China' - Apr 28, 2012
- Russia defends decision on Syria resolution - Feb 07, 2012
- Russia, China must pay for supporting Assad: Clinton - Jul 06, 2012
- Russian troops won't be sent to Syria: Lavrov - Mar 15, 2012
- No Russian asylum for Syrian president: Minister - Mar 21, 2012
- Russia to ensure its two nationals' return from Libya - May 01, 2012
- Russia to keep supporting Syria peace plan - May 06, 2012
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- Russia sets conditions on peacekeeping mission to Syria - Feb 14, 2012
- Libya welcomes Russian efforts in peace talks - Jul 21, 2011
- Russia sends food aid to Libya - Jul 26, 2011
- Western forces breaching UN resolution on Libya: Russian envoy - Apr 18, 2011