Russian cosmonauts never had sex in space: ExpertApril 23rd, 2011 - 8:09 am ICT by ANI
Moscow, Apr. 23 (ANI): Russian or Soviet cosmonauts never had sex in space in the 50 years of human exploration of the cosmos, according to a Russian expert.
“There’s no official or unofficial evidence that there were instances of sexual intercourse or the carrying out of sexual experiments in space,” news.com.au quoted Valery Bogomolov, the deputy director of the Moscow-based Institute of Biomedical Problems as telling the Interfax news agency in an interview.
“At least, in the history of Russian or Soviet space exploration this most certainly was not the case,” added Bogomolov.
Rumours have persisted for years of secret Russian and American programs to test the effects of weightlessness on sex but this has always been strongly denied by both sides.
“As for American space exploration, well, I just don’t have the information to categorically deny that. There are just anecdotal rumours which are not worth trusting,” he said. (ANI)
- Russian officials deny 'secret-sex' experiments in space - Apr 26, 2011
- Russia launches cosmonaut recruitment drive - Jan 27, 2012
- Russia may send woman to ISS - Dec 08, 2011
- First woman in space turns 75 - Mar 06, 2012
- Russia confirms new crew members for ISS - Apr 26, 2012
- Orbiting cosmonauts vote in Russian polls - Mar 05, 2012
- Lizards being trained for space travel - Mar 16, 2012
- Space crew to simulate walking on Mars in Feb - Jan 24, 2011
- Russian cosmonauts take a six-hour spacewalk - Feb 17, 2012
- Russia dreams of conquering other planets: Medvedev - Apr 12, 2011
- Russia looks for commercial space projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Russian firm to build space hotel - Sep 30, 2010
- Russian cosmonauts conduct space walk - Feb 17, 2012
- Russian space agency names next crew to ISS - Oct 25, 2011
- Russian spacecraft docks with ISS - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: american space, biomedical problems, carrying out, deputy director, human exploration, instances, interfax news agency, moscow, russian cosmonauts, russian expert, sex in space, sexual experiments, sexual intercourse, soviet cosmonauts, soviet space exploration, space expert, space news, valery, weightlessness