Russian cosmonauts conduct space walkFebruary 17th, 2012 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 16 (IANS) Two Russian cosmonauts Thursday launched a six-hour space walk outside the International Space Station (ISS), the country’s space agency Roscosmos said.
Cosmonauts Oleg Kononenko and Anton Shkaplerov began the space walk at 18.31 p.m. (1431 GMT), Xinhua quoted the agency as saying.
The cosmonauts will try to remove a mechanical cargo arm from the ISS’ Pirs docking module, the agency said.
They also planned to set up additional anti-meteorite shields on the Zvezda module.
The current ISS crew consists of six members, including Anton Shkaplerov, Anatoli Ivanishin and Oleg Kononenko from Russia, Donald Pettit and Daniel Burbank from NASA and Andre Kuipers from the European Space Agency.
- Russian cosmonauts take a six-hour spacewalk - Feb 17, 2012
- Russia launches manned mission to ISS (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Three ISS crew to return to earth - Mar 29, 2012
- Russia's manned spacecraft docks with ISS - Dec 24, 2011
- Space station crew lands in Kazakhstan - Apr 27, 2012
- Russian space agency names next crew to ISS - Oct 25, 2011
- Astronauts rush to safety as space junk whizz by - Mar 25, 2012
- ISS orbit raised by 1.8 km - Dec 01, 2011
- Russia launches manned spacecraft to ISS - Nov 14, 2011
- New space station crew in orbit - May 15, 2012
- Russian cosmonauts go on spacewalk - Aug 21, 2012
- Orbiting cosmonauts vote in Russian polls - Mar 05, 2012
- Space station crew land safely in Kazakhstan (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Russian freighter docks with ISS - Apr 23, 2012
- Russian spacecraft returns to earth - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,