Russian conductor Dudarova diesJanuary 17th, 2009 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 17 (IANS) Celebrated Russian conductor Veronika Dudarova has died, aged 92.Dudarova led Moscow orchestras for 60 years after becoming a conductor at the Moscow State Symphony Orchestra in 1947, reports contactmusic.com.
She was named chief conductor and artistic director in 1960.
In 1989, Dudarova retired from her post and began leading the Symphony Orchestra of Russia.
A memorial service will be held in her honour Monday at the Moscow Conservatory.
- Symphony Orchestra Of India Debuts In The International Market - Jun 14, 2010
- Woman kills herself in party office - Jul 22, 2012
- Russia confers top award on Roerich trust head - Jan 06, 2011
- Shakira receives star on Walk Of Fame - Nov 09, 2011
- Swift to receive Harmony Award - Sep 09, 2011
- US pianist Van Cliburn's art collection on sale - Feb 24, 2012
- Anthony Hopkins turns composer - Feb 25, 2011
- World Orchestra for Peace enthrals Abu Dhabi - Jan 06, 2011
- Prince Charles' humour fantastic: Barlow - Jun 04, 2012
- London Symphony Orchestra enthrals Abu Dhabi - Apr 07, 2010
- Tagore in symphony with Bach and Beethoven - in Germany - Apr 17, 2012
- 12-week-long festival to herald in London Olympics - Jun 21, 2012
- Mumbai celebrates Rafi's 87th birth anniversary - Dec 24, 2011
- Some give, some take for Mexican pianists in India - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011