Russian bourses open firmOctober 30th, 2008 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Oct 30 (RIA Novosti) Russia’s two main stock exchanges, MICEX and the RTS, opened trading Thursday with their indices up from Wednesday’s close.The rouble-denominated MICEX saw its index rise 8.66 percent to 661.58 points from Wednesday’s close, while the dollar-denominated RTS stock exchange began trading with its index up 7.25 percent to 690.68 points.
The RTS and MICEX showed robust growth in trading Wednesday, with their benchmark indices climbing almost 12 percent and 14 percent, respectively.
The benchmark RTS index rose 11.88 percent from Tuesday’s close to 644.00 points, while the ruble-denominated MICEX index, the second important indicator of the Russian stock market, increased 13.84 percent to 608.88 points.
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 60 points down (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 282 points down (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Sensex rises 439.22 points; bank, metal stocks up - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian stock markets closed Thursday - Oct 27, 2011
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex edges lower in early trade - Jan 28, 2011
- Sensex moderately higher in early trade - Apr 04, 2011
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex range-bound, broader indices see more selling (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex gives up opening highs - Nov 26, 2010
- Sensex in red in opening trade - Jun 15, 2011
- Sensex closes in red; oil and gas, realty stocks slump - Jan 05, 2012