Russian baby beaten by stepfather for crying diesFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Krasnoyarsk, Feb 2 (RIA Novosti) A five-month-old baby girl, who was severely beaten by her stepfather who said he was trying to stop her crying, died in this East Siberian city, investigators said Monday.The girl was hospitalised in a coma with multiple injuries Thursday. Doctors tried for several hours to save the girl’s life but she died Friday without regaining consciousness.
The stepfather, who confessed to the murder, has been arrested.
Investigators said the attack occurred when the baby’s mother left the home.
Once the baby started crying the man tried to stop her by hitting her and he only understood that something was wrong several hours later.
- Russian gets compensated for train rush hour problems - Sep 05, 2012
- Woman survives after being hit by plane propeller - Jul 19, 2012
- Gunshot kills Russian government official - Dec 29, 2011
- Mother throws crying baby from 14th floor - Mar 03, 2012
- Russian stabs fishing buddy over poor catch - May 03, 2012
- Russian postal workers poisoned by toxic parcel - May 31, 2012
- Siberian Uranium plant boss held for bribe - Jun 23, 2012
- Woman held for trying to sell own baby - Aug 15, 2012
- Man dies after eating heroin-filled cigarettes - May 15, 2012
- Four teens held for rape, murder of minor girl - Apr 14, 2012
- Hosni Mubarak is gravely ill: Report - Feb 14, 2011
- 11 killed in Peru road accident - Sep 02, 2012
- Russian, South Korean scientists vow to revive mammoth - Mar 14, 2012
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Four Russian sailors die of poisoning in Indonesia - Jun 24, 2011