Russian army to get Boomerang armoured carriersFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 7:34 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Russian Army will get its first Boomerang armoured personnel carriers in 2013, a top military official has said.
Ground Forces chief Col. Gen. Alexander Postnikov said large-scale deliveries will start in 2015, eventually replacing the BTR-82A and BTR-80 armoured personnel carriers currently in service.
Postnikov did not provide any details about the new model but media reports said it will be an amphibious vehicle.
Dmitry Galkin, general director of the Voyenno-Promyshlennaya Kompaniya — a military-industrial company — said: “We call it ‘a combat wheeled vehicle’ because it will be used as a platform for an armoured personnel carrier, infantry fighting vehicle, tank, or self-propelled gun.”
- Russian officer commits suicide on n-submarine - Feb 13, 2012
- Medvedev to meet World War II veterans - May 08, 2011
- Russia denies 'systemic crisis' in space industry - Sep 07, 2012
- Russia, France to jointly build armoured vehicle - Jun 30, 2012
- Russia tests Italian tank - May 12, 2012
- Russia scraps outdated tanks, armoured vehicles - Mar 24, 2012
- Private military firms may appear in Russia: Minister - Sep 20, 2012
- France wins tender to build warships for Russia - Dec 25, 2010
- Russia, Israel talk to build new drone - Jun 14, 2012
- France preparing first warship for Russia - Dec 01, 2011
- Belarus to build vertical takeoff drones - Apr 05, 2012
- Russia to sell armoured vehicles to Indonesia - Jan 31, 2012
- France, Russia to sign warship deal before Putin's June visit - May 27, 2011
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
- Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020 - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,