Russian army helicopter crashesAugust 16th, 2012 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Russian Army Mil Mi-28N helicopter, one of the force’s newest machines, crashed Thursday at its base in Mozdok, North Ossetia.
The two-man crew in the anti-armour attack helicopter was not injured, according to preliminary information.
“An Mi-28N made a heavy landing while on a training flight,” a source in the southern military district said. “The crew was not hurt and neither was anyone on the ground. The cause is being investigated.”
Two other Mi-28Ns have been lost in accidents in recent years.
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Russian air force to buy 30 choppers - Jan 16, 2012
- Russia, US to set up Mi-17 repairs centre in Afghanistan - Jun 02, 2011
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Ukrainian court jails radioactive metal thieves - Aug 28, 2012
- US buys 10 Russian choppers for Afghanistan - Jun 14, 2012
- Blast hits Russia-bound Azerbaijan pipeline - Apr 14, 2012
- Russia launches submarine for Vietnam - Aug 28, 2012
- Missing Russian helicopter found - Oct 09, 2011
- Syrian military chopper shot down - Aug 28, 2012
- Russian chopper sets altitude record - Aug 27, 2012
- Russian prisoner flees on hijacked chopper - Mar 23, 2012
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Russia - Aug 17, 2012
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012
- Russia to showcase helicopter at Berlin air show - Sep 11, 2012