Russia to set up anti-paedophile squadsAugust 7th, 2012 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Russian interior ministry will create anti-paedophile squads at criminal investigation departments in the largest cities in the country.
Interior Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev has instructed all heads of regional criminal investigation departments to create squads dealing with sex crimes against minors in cities where the population exceeds one million people, a ministry spokesman said Tuesday.
The announcement followed several highly publicised murders of children this summer.
In June, five-year-old Bogdan Prakhov was abducted in Vladimir region near Moscow. His body was found the following day.
Last week, a 10-year-old girl was raped and strangled in the North Caucasus city of Pyatigorsk by a 40-year-old man.
- 30 injured in blast in Russia - Aug 18, 2010
- Russian cop beats lover to death - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia rains: Toll rises to nearly 80 (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Russian space firm accused of $17 mn fraud - Jul 10, 2012
- Putin warns against bypassing UNSC Syria veto - Jul 21, 2012
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- Russian women skydivers set world record - Jul 24, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- 700 observers to monitor Russian presidential poll - Mar 01, 2012
- Demanding beer, Russians threaten to bomb shop - Jan 16, 2012
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
- Police injured in anti-Putin rally get apartments - May 26, 2012
- 20 protesters held in Moscow - Mar 09, 2012
- Moscow serial killer gets life for 16 murders - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: abducted, bogdan, crimes against minors, criminal investigation, interior minister, largest cities, ministry spokesman, moscow, murders, north caucasus, old girl, old man, one million, pyatigorsk, ria novosti, russia, russian interior ministry, sex crimes, vd, vladimir region