Russia to persuade Iran, North Korea for talksMarch 28th, 2012 - 1:38 am ICT by IANS
Seoul, March 28 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Tuesday that Moscow will do everything in its power to persuade Iran and North Korea to return to talks on their nuclear programs.
“We will do all we can…for a continuation of dialogue,” Medvedev said at the two-day Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul that concluded Tuesday. “We will hope that sooner or later they will return to the negotiating table.”
Medvedev, however, said he was “unsure” that Iran and North Korea were ready to “take part in discussions”.
Russia is involved in negotiations with both Iran and North Korea on the nuclear issue.
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- Medvedev pledges modernisation will continue - Nov 13, 2011
- Medvedev, Obama to discuss Syria in Seoul - Mar 24, 2012
- Russian, South Korean leaders meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- Assad departure no solution to Syrian problems: Russia - Mar 28, 2012
- Russia will counter US missile defence: Medvedev - Feb 22, 2012
- Russia, North Korea mark 63rd anniversary of diplomatic ties - Oct 20, 2011
- Russia, US may not agree on missile defence in Obama's tenure: US envoy - May 28, 2011
- Russian, US presidents to meet in March - Dec 17, 2011
- Moscow reiterates its missile defence posture - Aug 21, 2012
- Istanbul to host next Iran n-talks - Jun 20, 2012
- Iran questions upcoming n-talks 'with no agenda' - Jun 07, 2012
- Putin vows to continue liberal reforms in Russia - Mar 04, 2012
- Medvedev holds talks with Kim Jong-il - Aug 24, 2011
- Kim Jong-il to visit Russia - Jun 28, 2011
Tags: continuation, dialogue, dmitry medvedev, iran, moscow, negotiations, north korea, nuclear issue, nuclear programs, nuclear security, ria novosti, russia, russian president, security summit, seoul, snb