Russia to hire more military personnel on contractJune 9th, 2010 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 9 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The number of contracted military personnel in the Russian armed forces will be increased from 150,000 to about 250,000 in the future, the defence minister said Wednesday.
“There are 150,000 contracted personnel in the Russian military at present. Their number will increase to about 250,000 in the future,” Anatoly Serdyukov told reporters after a closed-door meeting with Russian lawmakers.
In line with the ongoing military reform, the Russian armed forces will be downsized to one million personnel by 2016.
- Russia has one million armed forces personnel - Jul 02, 2011
- Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020 - Jul 17, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Russia, China complete first stage of naval drills - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia to stay loyal to Kalashnikov - Dec 22, 2011
- Medvedev calls for more contract soldiers - Sep 27, 2011
- Gazprom offers gas price discounts to EU firms - Jun 28, 2012
- Russia, US to hold anti-terror drill - Oct 04, 2011
- Russia to build fifth-generation bombers - Jun 09, 2012
- Russia to train soldiers for missile systems - Jan 18, 2012
- Medvedev orders to build new aircraft plant - Jun 10, 2012
- Russia, NATO to hold missile defence drills - Feb 02, 2012
- Heads may roll over arms depot blasts: Medvedev (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Russia to sell missile systems to Belarus - Apr 19, 2012
- Russian military chief visits US - Jul 10, 2012