Russia shuts down third nuclear reactorMay 16th, 2008 - 12:18 am ICT by admin
Moscow, May 15 (RIA Novosti) Russia has shut down its third reactor at the Leningrad nuclear power station, located in north-western region of the country, state-controlled nuclear power corporation Rosenergoatom said Thursday. “The reactor was being tested after having been [recently] modernised and was operating at a half capacity of 500 MW when the emergency automatic shutdown system went into effect. There was no radiation leak from the unplanned shutdown,” Rosenergoatom added.
The Leningrad nuclear power plant had restarted the sixth turbine generator of its third reactor May 13. The corporation had earlier planned to fully restore the capacity of the reactor by the end of this week.
The plant, located 80 km west of St. Petersburg, has four 1,000 MW units with graphite-moderated reactors.
- Madras Atomic Power Station to restart after shutdown - Aug 20, 2012
- Fire halts Swedish n-reactor - Oct 24, 2011
- One unit of Madras Atomic Power Station shut down - Jan 03, 2012
- Japan to restart two nuclear reactors - Jun 16, 2012
- Fresh radioactive water leakage at Fukushima n-plant - Jan 22, 2012
- Madras Atomic Power Station restarts one unit - Jan 09, 2012
- Russia to help Bangladesh build n-power plant - Nov 02, 2011
- Russia, Belarus sign $10 bn nuke plant deal - Jul 18, 2012
- Kaiga n-plant was shut over false alarm: Official (Lead) - Apr 10, 2011
- Bhavini takes measures in favour of fast reactor project - Jun 11, 2012
- Radiation level drops in Japan's troubled n-reactor - May 08, 2011
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- NPCIL, NALCO ink deal for nuclear plants - Nov 09, 2011
- Nuclear plants in India are safe, assures Nuclear Power Corporation - Mar 14, 2011
- Japanese n-specialists enter Fukushima reactor building - May 05, 2011
Tags: 15 ria, automatic shutdown, leningrad nuclear power plant, moscow, mw units, nuclear power corporation, nuclear power plant, nuclear power station, nuclear reactor, radiation leak, reactors, ria novosti russia, rosenergoatom, shutdown system, st petersburg, turbine generator, unplanned shutdown