Russia printing Syrian currencyJune 14th, 2012 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Syrian Ambassador to Russia Riyad Mohammad Haddad admitted Thursday that Russia was printing Syrian currency.
Media reports Wednesday claimed Russia was printing new Syrian bank notes.
“Our Russian friends help us with everything and that includes economic matters,” Haddad said during a press conference in Moscow.
“If our Russian friends help us print our currency, and the West declined that request, it means Russia is helping us,” he said.
- US buys 10 Russian choppers for Afghanistan - Jun 14, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- US to build new embassy building in Moscow - Feb 27, 2012
- Syrian president threatening Israel is media provocation: Russia - Oct 06, 2011
- Medevedev refuses to reveal his candidature for 2012 presidential polls - May 18, 2011
- 'Russia can help ISS astronauts with rehabilitation' - Mar 30, 2012
- Russian physicist Sergei Kapitsa dies at 84 - Aug 14, 2012
- Assange granted asylum for fear of US: Ecuador envoy - Aug 17, 2012
- Russia, Iran to sign anti-drug deal - Jan 23, 2012
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Russia - Aug 17, 2012
- Moscow wants missile defence talks at NATO summit - Mar 06, 2012
- Medvedev approves Russian-US plutonium disposal deal - Jun 07, 2011
- Russian army helicopter crashes - Aug 16, 2012
- Russian steals gunpowder to fuel stove - Aug 14, 2012
- Russian fairytales for kids urged - Mar 29, 2012