Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills in MayFebruary 27th, 2012 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Russian Navy’s Northern Fleet and the Norwegian Navy will conduct joint drills in the Arctic in May, a Russian defence spokesman said Monday.
The preparation for the the Pomor-2012 drills will be discussed during the three-day visit to Norway by Col. Gen. Arkady Bakhin, the commander of Russia’s western military district.
Russia and Norway have carried out the annual Pomor naval drills since 2010 to practice interoperability in the environmentally fragile Arctic area.
The exercises include firing of live artillery rounds at simulated surface and aerial targets, anti-submarine warfare drills, anti-piracy operations, and search-and-rescue missions.
- Russia, Norway to begin naval drills - May 11, 2011
- US, Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia, China to conduct military drill - Apr 04, 2012
- Russia, US naval anti-terror exercises begin - Oct 13, 2011
- Russia conducts anti-submarine drills in Sea of Japan - Mar 24, 2010
- Second stealth warship joins Russian Navy - Oct 14, 2011
- Indian frigate sails for sea trials in Russia - May 24, 2012
- Russia may evacuate personnel from Syria if attacked - Jul 29, 2012
- G8 wants Greece to remain in Eurozone (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Russia completes final trials of Indian frigate - Feb 08, 2012
- Russia test-fires ballistic missile - Jul 28, 2011
- Russian Navy to get 10 more n-submarines - Feb 08, 2012
- Iran to hold naval drills in international waters - Nov 26, 2011
- Russia to lay down diesel submarine - Aug 17, 2012
- China, Russia conclude joint naval drill - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: aerial targets, anti piracy, arctic area, arkady, artillery rounds, defence spokesman, exercises, military district, moscow, northern fleet, norway, norwegian navy, rescue missions, ria novosti, russian defence, russian navy, search and rescue, submarine warfare, vd, western military