Russia, NATO at loggerheads over missile defenseMay 3rd, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Talks between NATO and Russia over US plans for a projected missile defense system in Europe remain at loggerheads, Russia’s Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov said Thursday.
“So far we have not found a mutually acceptable solution to the missile defense question” and the situation is at a dead end, Serdyukov said on the first day of a three-day conference on the issue in Moscow.
NATO is to declare the first operational readiness of its Euro-missile defense system at a NATO summit in Chicago May 20, an indication that the alliance is willing to go ahead with the system without Russian accord, he said.
- Euro-missile defense could intercept Russian ICBMs - May 03, 2012
- Russian military chief visits US - Jul 10, 2012
- Russia expects US compromise on missile defense - Oct 27, 2011
- US not cooperating with Russia on missile defence: Minister - Sep 04, 2011
- NATO commander to talk Euro missile shield in Moscow - Oct 10, 2011
- 'Russia has no business in NATO missile defence' - May 23, 2012
- Moscow wants missile defence talks at NATO summit - Mar 06, 2012
- Iran missile programme no threat to Europe: French official - May 04, 2012
- Russia, NATO to hold missile defence drills - Feb 02, 2012
- US may disclose missile defence data to Russia - Mar 12, 2012
- US missile defence plans hinder new arms cuts: Russia - Jun 30, 2012
- Russia warns of destroying US missile shield - May 12, 2012
- Russia-NATO missile shield talks stalled ahead of 2012 summit - Oct 31, 2011
- Medvedev, Obama to discuss missile issue at G8 summit - May 16, 2011
- US ready to provide Russia with missile shield details - Nov 21, 2011