Russia launches online beauty pageant to find Miss nuclear reactor 2009!March 6th, 2009 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 6 (ANI): In this age of green power and greener pastures, improving the image of the nuclear power industry is imperative. Consequently, Russia has come up with unique scheme an online beauty pageant!
A beauty contest has been launched in Russia to find the new Miss nuclear reactor 2009.
In all, there are 200 contestants who are in some way connected to the nuclear power business, reports The Sun.
With the help of the pageant, organisers are trying to prove that women who work within the industry have beauty as well as brains.
Contestants complain that people assume they have been mutated in some way by radiation.
Organisers though say that this proves that more awareness of nuclear power needs to be raised in Russia. (ANI)
- Nuclear technology will aid people, farms and factories: BARC director (Interview) - Jul 19, 2012
- Nuclear plants in India are safe, assures Nuclear Power Corporation - Mar 14, 2011
- India orders safety review of nuclear reactors: PM (Roundup) - Mar 14, 2011
- Past cover-ups at Japan's nuke plant - Mar 15, 2011
- Russian reactors at Kudankulam not under civil liability law: Official - Nov 14, 2011
- N-reactor shut down in Japan - Jul 17, 2011
- On Chernobyl anniversary, experts confident about nuclear energy - Apr 26, 2011
- Radiation levels decline near Japan nuke plant - Mar 18, 2011
- Fukushima crisis level raised to highest level-7 (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Fresh coolant to be injected into Japan's Fukushima No. 2-reactor - Mar 26, 2011
- Reprocessing nuclear fuel necessary for sustainable growth: Experts - Oct 14, 2010
- Walking the ramp for Tibet, their lost homeland - Jun 02, 2010
- Post Fukushima disaster, Oz nuke industry calls for renewed debate on nuke energy - Apr 21, 2011
- Nuclear industry grows, but where are the components? - Jan 08, 2010
- Crucial NPCIL-atomic energy regulator meet Aug 3 - Jul 28, 2012