Russia, India joint anti-terrorism drills begin TuesdayAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:22 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia and India will Tuesday hold an official opening of joint INDRA-2012 anti-terrorism military exercises in the Siberian republic of Buryatia, a spokesperson for Russia’s Eastern Military District said.
Both countries have conducted five INDRA-series joint ground and naval exercises since 2003. The last such exercise was held in India in October 2010.
“An official opening of the INDRA-2012 will be held on August 7 at the Burduny training range,” said Lt. Col. Igor Muginov.
Some 500 servicemen — about 250 on each side — will take part in the drills, which will be conducted using some 50 Russian combat vehicles.
Russia will be represented by a motorised infantry and a tank companies, a mortar and a MLRS battalions, and a grenade launcher platoon.
The participants of the exercises will carry out a number of firing, tactical and driving drills until Aug 12.
The active phase of the exercises will begin Aug 13 and include reconnaissance, pursuit and elimination of “terrorist groups.”
- Russia-India military drill to start Sunday - Aug 05, 2012
- India, Russia prepare for INDRA-2012 military drills - Feb 07, 2012
- Russia, US, Canada to hold anti-terror exercise - Aug 01, 2011
- India, Russia to make multiple rocket systems - Sep 06, 2012
- Russia, China complete first stage of naval drills - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills in May - Feb 27, 2012
- Russia, China to conduct military drill - Apr 04, 2012
- Top Russian army official on India visit - Dec 07, 2010
- US, Russia, Norway to hold joint naval drills - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia, neighbours to hold air defence drills - Sep 14, 2012
- Russia, Italy start anti-terror naval drill - Nov 08, 2011
- Russian warships hold drills in Mediterranean - Aug 11, 2012
- Medvedev holds talks with Kim Jong-il - Aug 24, 2011
- India, Russia counter-terrorism exercise in August - Jun 19, 2012
- Refurbished aircraft carrier for India begins sea trials - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: august 7, battalions, combat vehicles, grenade launcher, indra, infantry, lt, military district, military exercises, mortar, moscow, naval exercises, participants, platoon, reconnaissance, republic of buryatia, ria novosti russia, spokesperson, terrorism, terrorist groups