Russia, France to jointly build armoured vehicleJune 30th, 2012 - 10:25 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia and France will jointly build a new armoured infantry vehicle, Russian arms export monopoly Rosoboronexport said.
Igor Sevastyanov, the company’s deputy chief, said he was heading a working party incorporating new technology from both nations and that a model had been made. The vehicle will likely be made in the next 18 months.
“We have a project under the aegis of a Russian-French group for land forces, which I head,” Sevastyanov said.
“Now we are working on development of some vehicles with a French base but with Russian weapons and Russian turrets.”
“The vehicle should appear in the near future, around 18 months. We have a draft design and a model has been made,” he said.
He said France was also interested in co-production with Russia of an armoured personnel carrier to be sold to third countries.
Sevastyanov said Russia and the US could cooperate in joint development of arms and military equipment. He did not mention any specific projects, only saying a “joint product” might be around in five to 10 years.
- Russia, France to develop armoured vehicle - Jun 30, 2012
- Russia to continue arms supplies to Syria - Jun 13, 2012
- Exclude Russia from arms show: Human Rights Watch to France - Jun 10, 2012
- Russia, South Africa discussing joint weapons development - Sep 18, 2012
- Russia to sell armoured vehicles to Indonesia - Jan 31, 2012
- Russia tests Italian tank - May 12, 2012
- India, Russia to make multiple rocket systems - Sep 06, 2012
- Russian army to get Boomerang armoured carriers - Feb 22, 2012
- Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards - Feb 13, 2012
- Russia-India military drill to start Sunday - Aug 05, 2012
- Russia, India joint anti-terrorism drills begin Tuesday - Aug 07, 2012
- Russia, US sign deal to send choppers to Afghanistan - May 28, 2011
- Russian actress sentenced in France seeks pardon from Medvedev - May 27, 2011
- France wins tender to build warships for Russia - Dec 25, 2010
- Russia may sell helicopters to Saudi Arabia - Nov 14, 2011
Tags: 10 years, aegis, armoured infantry, armoured personnel carrier, arms export, co production, deputy chief, draft design, french base, french group, military equipment, monopoly, moscow, new technology, ria novosti russia, rosoboronexport, russian arms, russian weapons, turrets