Russia, France to discuss global securitySeptember 7th, 2011 - 6:23 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 7 (IANS) Russia and France will hold a discussion on key global issues during a meeting of their defence and foreign ministers Wednesday, RIA Novosti reported.
The ministers will focus on bilateral cooperation with the emphasis on European security and missile defence, Iranian nuclear programme, the situation in Libya and Syria, said Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich.
The Russian-French Security Cooperation Council will be held in Moscow in a two-plus-two format for the 10th time since its creation in 2002. The members of the Council will meet with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
The spokesman said the current political instability in the Middle East and North Africa raises many questions, and the sides will attempt to come up with an “optimal recipe” to deal with the crisis of this nature.
“We are certain that the contacts between the Russian and French ministers in Moscow and their talks with the Russian president will bolster bilateral strategic partnership,” Lukashevich said.
- Russia to fulfill arms obligations to Syria - Feb 10, 2012
- Russia warns citizens not to travel to Syria - Jun 21, 2012
- Russia opposes UN resolution on Syria - Jun 09, 2011
- Russia calls for end to 'indiscriminate use of force' in Libya - Mar 20, 2011
- Russia dismisses EU sanctions on Syria - Jul 29, 2012
- Russia urges Syria, Turkey against clash - Jun 27, 2012
- Russia favours more time for reforms in Syria (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Russia criticises UN chief's defence of Libya action - Dec 23, 2011
- Russia says U.S. intervention in Kuril Islands dispute with Japan is unacceptable - Feb 25, 2011
- Russian, Western differences on Syria exaggerated: Medvedev - Jul 31, 2012
- Russia slams West over Syria allegations - Jul 20, 2012
- Russia opposes Libya-style UN action on Syria(Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Moscow to use 'practical measures' for resolving Libyan crisis - Jun 10, 2011
- Russia seeks US explanation over post-2014 Afghan presence - Apr 26, 2012
- Georgia reluctant to restore relations with Russia (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: alexander, bilateral cooperation, cooperation council, dmitry medvedev, european security, foreign ministers, foreign ministry spokesman, french ministers, global issues, global security, libya, missile defence, moscow, north africa, political instability, ria novosti, russian foreign ministry, russian president, security cooperation, strategic partnership