Russia denies selling S-300 air defence systems to AzerbaijanJuly 29th, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia Thursday denied reports that it agreed to deliver S-300 air defence systems to Azerbaijan.
“There is no contract between Russia and Azerbaijan on the delivery of S-300 air defence systems to this country,” a spokesman for state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said.
Russian business daily Vedomosti said earlier Thursday that Rosoboronexport signed an agreement with the Azerbaijani Defence Ministry on the delivery of two S-300PMU-2 Favorit (SA-20b Gargoyle b) battalions last year.
- No S-400 missile exports before 2015: Russia - Feb 02, 2012
- Iran making progress on indigenous missile - Apr 18, 2012
- Iran demands $4 bn from Russia over cancelled missile deal - Jul 06, 2012
- Iran says still puzzled over scrapped arms deal with Russia - Oct 11, 2011
- Russia may sell helicopters to Saudi Arabia - Nov 14, 2011
- Russia to deploy S-400 air defence systems near borders - Feb 14, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Russian missile maker to build two plants, expand exports - Dec 29, 2010
- Russia to showcase its best combat aircraft in Dubai - Nov 12, 2011
- Russia arrests Chinese national for spying - Oct 05, 2011
- Russia deploys air defence system in Abkhazia - Aug 11, 2010
- Russia delivers S-300 air-defence batteries to China - Apr 02, 2010
- US buys 10 Russian choppers for Afghanistan - Jun 14, 2012
- Japanese diplomat robbed in Moscow - Oct 23, 2010
- Russia to continue arms supplies to Syria - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: 20b, air defence systems, azerbaijan, battalions, business daily, defence ministry, dg, favorit, gargoyle, kv, moscow, ria novosti russia, rosoboronexport, russian business, s 300, spokesman, vedomosti