Russia courts Indian touristsFebruary 17th, 2008 - 5:30 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) Russia - like most other countries - is courting Indian tourists, who are now among the most high-spending of international travelers. The delegation, comprising representatives of eight tourism companies and officials, is headed by chief of the Russian Federal Tourism Agency, V. Strzhalkovskiy.
The Russian tourism agency boss met Tourism Minister Ambika Soni early this week and discussed a slew of measures aimed at promoting two-way tourism between the two countries, a Russian official said.
Russia is planning to set up an information centre in New Delhi that will provide tourists with requisite information and help them in getting visas, the official said.
More people to people contacts aimed at bolstering friendship and partnership between the two countries are part of the ongoing “Year of Russia” in India which was jointly inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Russian counterpart Victor A. Zubkov with a gala concert against the backdrop of the historic 16th century fort Purana Qila here.
With Goa emerging as a hot tourist destination for Russians thirsting for sun and sea, the Indian tourism ministry has also plans to organize road shows in Russia by August-September to promote India as a tourist destination.
There is also a plan to increase flights between and hold tourism exhibitions in each other’s country.
- Now movies to promote Incredible India abroad - Feb 16, 2012
- Russia expects more tourists from India, China - Aug 24, 2011
- India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation - Sep 05, 2011
- Australia wants more Indian tourists - Oct 13, 2011
- India, Uzbekistan join to promote tourism - May 16, 2011
- South African Tourism woos India's high income segment - Jun 20, 2012
- Showcasing the ancient in modern Delhi for Games visitors - Aug 26, 2010
- Ethiopia seeks India's assistance to promote tourism - Feb 08, 2012
- Obama woos Indian, Chinese tourists - Jan 22, 2012
- 'Countries should issue easy travel advisories' - Sep 07, 2011
- Tourism working group proposes focus on skill development - Apr 20, 2012
- Russia exports 18 mn tonnes of grain - Dec 30, 2011
- Sri Lanka woos Chinese tourists - Nov 28, 2011
- Alcohol consumption drops in Russia - Dec 29, 2011
- Goa, Rajasthan hit wedding destinations for US tourists - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: ambika, gala concert, indian tourism, indian tourists, information centre, international travelers, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, purana, russian counterpart, russian official, russian tourism, tourism agency, tourism companies, tourism minister, tourism ministry, tourist destination, zubkov