Russia, China want fairer global economy: LavrovJune 3rd, 2012 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia and China support formation of a multipolar model of international relations and have called for building a fairer global economic system, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov Sunday.
Both the countries also spoke against the expansion of military alliances, he added.
“Russia and China support the establishment of a multipolar model of international relations, the formation of a fairer and democratic political and economic system, the strengthening of the UN central coordinating role in solving pressing issues on the international agenda,” Lavrov said in an interview.
Russia and China intend to bring up their bilateral trade to $100 billion by 2015 and double this volume by 2020, Lavrov said.
The Russian foreign minister’s statement came ahead of a (June 5-7) visit by President Vladimir Putin to China.
Putin is scheduled to discuss bilateral relations June 5-6 and participate in a meeting of the Council of the Heads of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Member States June 6-7.
- Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties Thursday - Jun 16, 2011
- Russia denies changing its stance on Syria - Jun 22, 2012
- Putin to undertake Middle East tour - Jun 25, 2012
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- Putin to hold talks with Ahmadinejad - Jun 03, 2012
- Moscow questions NATO attack on Gaddafi - Oct 22, 2011
- Russia, Britain to boost cooperation on Syria - Aug 02, 2012
- Moscow to ban smoking in restaurants by 2014 - May 05, 2012
- Moscow calls for political pressure on Syria to end violence - Jun 22, 2011
- Putin begins state visit to China (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Trade between Russia, China to reach $70 bn: Putin - Sep 15, 2011
- Russian missile maker Almaz Antei expands - Apr 10, 2012
- Russia to lead on investment climate: Putin - Sep 07, 2012
- Sukhoi to remain top combat aircraft seller till 2015 - Feb 25, 2012
- Syria ready for 'synchronized pullout' : Russia - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: bilateral relations, bilateral trade, china, foreign minister, global economic system, global economy, international agenda, international relations, june 3, meeting of the council, member states, military alliances, moscow, president vladimir putin, ria novosti russia, sergei lavrov, shanghai cooperation organisation, support formation, vladimir putin, vm