Rumours about Gaddafi stepping down “ridiculous: Saif al-Islam GaddafiApril 12th, 2011 - 12:38 pm ICT by ANI
Tripoli, Apr 12 (ANI): Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi’s son, Saif al-Islam, has rubbished talks of a change of leadership, and termed rumours of his father stepping down as “ridiculous.”
Saif, however, said it is time to inject “new blood” into the country’s leadership as Gadhafi is too old to control everything, but “the talk of Gaddafi leaving power, that’s truly ridiculous,”
“We are ready to discuss even with the devil, but even the devil should know that there are red lines,” Saif al-Islam said, referring to attempts to force Gaddafi to resign.
Commenting on the foreign intervention in Libya, Saif al-Islam referred to France’s loss in the war, both economically and politically, and criticized Qatar’s plot arrangement and agreement with Libya’s opposition based in Benghazi.
Meanwhile, an African Union delegation had reportedly reached Benghazi on Monday for a ceasefire plan, which Gaddafi has reportedly accepted to bring an end to the crisis, the China Daily reports.
Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini rejected the proposed road map, saying that Gaddafi and his family members should not play any role in Libya’s future. He also urged diplomats to increase pressure on Gaddafi to move out in “weeks, not months.” (ANI)
- Reports of Gaddafi leaving power ridiculous, says son - Apr 12, 2011
- Libya could become "new Somalia" if civil war breaks out: Koussa - Apr 12, 2011
- Libyan rebels doubt Gaddafi's son is dead - May 01, 2011
- Libyan interim PM assures fair trial of Gaddafi's son (Lead) - Nov 20, 2011
- Rebel army formed in bid to oust Gaddafi - Feb 27, 2011
- Gaddafi would step down if security is guaranteed - Jul 06, 2011
- 10 killed in Libyan town: report - Feb 25, 2011
- Italy calls on Gaddafi to surrender - Aug 22, 2011
- Russia urges fair trial for captured Saif al-Islam - Nov 20, 2011
- Gaddafi's son Saif captured - Nov 19, 2011
- Rebels tighten grip on Tripoli, capture Gaddafi's sons - Aug 22, 2011
- "We will never surrender": Gaddafi's son - Mar 11, 2011
- Gaddafi's fate to be decided by Libyans: Britain - Jul 26, 2011
- Gaddafi's youngest son Khamis still alive? - Nov 22, 2011
- Gaddafi escapes unhurt as NATO missile strikes kill youngest son, three grandchildren - May 01, 2011
Tags: attempts, benghazi, ceasefire, china daily, devil, dictator, diplomats, family members, foreign minister, franco frattini, gadhafi, italian foreign, libya, muammar gaddafi, new blood, opposition, road map, saif al islam, tripoli, union delegation