RSS comes up with cow water alternative to Coca Cola and PepsiFebruary 12th, 2009 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.12 (ANI): Indias right-wing Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has claimed that it has developed Gau Jal or Cow Water at its research centre in Haridwar, and hopes it will be marketed as a ”healthy” alternative to Coke and Pepsi.
Hindus worship cows for their life-sustaining dairy products, but many also consume bovine urine and faeces in drinks and spice mixes for their “health-giving” properties.
In some Indian states, cow dung and urine are sold in regular dairy shops alongside milk and yogurt, and “ayurvedic” Indian health food companies make porridge, toothpaste and tonic drinks which claim to cure ailments ranging from liver complaints to diabetes and cancer.
The urine is also believed to have disinfectant properties while the dung is used in many Indian village huts as a clean and antiseptic flooring.
According to The Telegraph, the RSS’’s Cow Protection Department has invented the new urine-based soft drink it hopes will promote its health-giving properties to a wider market.
“We refer to gau ark (cow urine) as gau jal (cow water) as it has immense potential to cure various diseases. We have developed a soft drink formula with gau jal as the base and it has been sent to a laboratory at Lucknow for testing,” said director Om Prakash.
His team is now focusing on packaging, marketing, and of course preservation to stop its curative drink from going whiffy in the summer heat.
“It will be a revolution of sorts. The acceptance of cow urine as a potent medicine is increasing day by day and once it comes as a cold drink, its demand will definitely increase. It will prove and justify the high stature accorded to a cow in Indian culture.” he added. (ANI)
- RSS set to enter FMCG market - with cow urine and dung products - Feb 14, 2009
- Asses' milk - latest in weight reduction armoury - May 27, 2011
- Mad cow case detected in US - Apr 25, 2012
- Harmful estrogens persist in dairy wastewater - Jun 06, 2012
- Haryana approves setting up of cow commission - Sep 07, 2010
- China to create alternative to human breast milk - Apr 15, 2011
- Save the cow, urges VHP leader Togadia - Oct 20, 2009
- Bovine Hits Colorado And Government Penalizes Border Crossers - Jun 12, 2010
- China cows produce milk like human breast milk - Jun 16, 2011
- Cow's first milk could boost athletic performance - Feb 25, 2011
- Coke's 'health' drink 'too sweet to be nutritious' - Jan 19, 2011
- Animal welfare panel concerned over mega dairy project - Aug 12, 2011
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- New Zealand-based Fonterra to establish large-scale dairy farms in India - Nov 12, 2010
- Chinese shops to offer 'human breast milk' in 2 years - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: cold drink, cow dung, cow protection, cow urine, disinfectant properties, faeces, food companies, haridwar, hindus worship, indian culture, indian health, indian states, liver complaints, london feb, packaging marketing, porridge, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, soft drink formula, village huts, worship cows