R.S. Lodha’s body to be flown to India MondayOctober 4th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 4 (IANS) The body of Birla Corporation Chairman Rajendra Singh Lodha, who died here Friday, is likely to be flown back to India Monday, family and company sources said.Little is known about the circumstances of Lodha’s sudden death, although his younger son Harsh Lodha has spoken of the possibility of a heart attack.
Lodha, 66, was said to have been in London for business meetings along with Harsh Lodha and other members of his family.
Indian diplomats in London said they were expecting the Lodha family to get in touch with them in order to facilitate the release of the body.
“Nobody has approached us yet and nothing much moves at the weekend. The body may leave on Monday,” an official said.
Lodha got embroiled in a major controversy when former chairperson of the Birla Corporation Priyamvada Birla bequeathed the entire assets of the M.P. Birla Group to him.
Priyamvada Birla’s demise in July 2004 was followed by intense litigation after Lodha applied for the probate of a purported will which itself became a matter of dispute. Senior members of the Birla clan had filed appeals in the Calcutta High Court.
However, Lodha took over as chairman of the Birla Corporation. He was also serving on the boards of the National Securities Depository, Indian Petrochemicals Corporation, SBI Life Insurance and Henkel India. He was a trustee of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in Britain.
- Birla Corp AGM adjourned following court order - Jun 23, 2010
- Court-appointed panel to control Birla estate - Aug 23, 2012
- Lodha's last rites completed in Kolkata - Oct 08, 2008
- Calcutta High Court allows Birla Corporation AGM - Jun 25, 2010
- Birla Corporation completes adjourned AGM - Jun 29, 2010
- R.S. Lodha, beneficiary of Priyamvada's will, dead - Oct 03, 2008
- SC rejects Lodha's petition, Calcutta HC to hear case tomorrow - Jul 27, 2009
- High drama at Birla Corp annual meeting - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp AGM adjourned till Aug 24 (Lead) - Jul 27, 2009
- Birla Corp. mulling cement plant in Ethiopia - Jun 28, 2012
- R.S. Lodha's son is now Birla Corp chairman - Oct 23, 2009
- Birla Corp to lay off staff at vinoleum division - Nov 17, 2009
- Birla Corp Q1 net down 24 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- Birla Corp to set up cement plant in Assam - Jan 13, 2011
- Birla Corp to sign pact for Assam cement plant - Aug 31, 2010