Royals Visit Premiere of Film at Leicester SquareMarch 4th, 2009 - 10:45 pm ICT by GD
After Cavalli’s show, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were seen on another night out with their mother, the Duchess of York at the London premiere of The Young Victoria at Leicester Square.
Beatrice and Eugenie had decided to ditch the clone look they and their mother had adopted wearing matching outfits at Milan and wore individual styles. But the London wind played havoc and blew the girls’ dresses in a very Marilyn Monroe moment. Others at the glamorous event, including Emily Blunt and her co-star Miranda Richardson from the film also had a tough time keeping their outfits proper in the wind even as the rain soaked the bottom of their gowns. Emily’s stunning silver gown and Richarson’s orange ensemble were soaked at the bottom but the ladies seemed unfazed with that.
The Duchess of York is a co-producer for the film and came wearing a deep purple Vivienne Westwood outfit. She said that the movie is about the early years of Victoria’s reign in turmoil. The film stars Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend as the Queen and her husband Prince Albert. Keira Knightley joined boyfriend Rupert at the post-premiere party at Kensington Palace.
Beatrice, in her blue Toga-style dress makes a blink-and-miss debut in the movie as a lady-in-waiting to the Queen who was her great-great-great-great grandmother. She has no dialogues in the movie. She came to the premiere with her boyfriend Dave Clarke who wore a simple black suit with a red tie. Eugenie wore a layered dress in ivory.
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Britain's Princess Beatrice wants 'real job' - Mar 03, 2012
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Sonam made a brave choice for Cannes red carpet: Designers - May 17, 2011
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Royal outcaste Fergie to get invited to Will and Kate's wedding - Jan 23, 2011
- Diana's friend Sarah not invited to Wills-Kate wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images) - Jun 07, 2012
- Beckinsale wears Indian designer - Aug 15, 2012
- Chelsy Davy enjoys night out with Kate Middleton's sister - Feb 19, 2011
- Tennis players criticised for their outrageous dressing sense on court - Sep 01, 2010
- Emily Blunt stars in 'The adjustment bureau' - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: beatrice and eugenie, black suit, co star, dave clarke, duchess of york, film stars, girls dresses, great grandmother, husband prince albert, keira knightley, kensington palace, london premiere, miranda richardson, premiere of film, premiere party, princesses beatrice and eugenie, rupert friend, style dress, toga style, vivienne westwood